- 8 cups roasted squash (see below for directions on how to roast)
- 6 garlic cloves (smashed)
- ½ onion, diced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 3 apples, peeled and diced
- 1 pear, peeled and diced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups fat-free chicken stock
- 4 cups water
To roast squash using assorted pumpkin, butternut and acorn squashes:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spilt squash in half and de-seed (if desired, save seeds for roasting later).
- Place on baking sheet and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon garlic powder (and any other spices you like) and 2 teaspoons real maple syrup.
- Bake until the meat of the squash is soft then remove and allow to cool.
- After cooled, peel off the skins and add the squash to a crock pot or stock pot.
To make the soup:
- Add the remaining ingredients in with the squash.
- Set crockpot on low for 6-8 hours. (If you are using a stockpot, bring to a boil then simmer until all ingredients are tender, about 45 minutes)
- Puree the soup when tender using an immersion/stick blender or by the batch in a regular/standard blender.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Yield: 20 cups
- Top with fat-free Greek yogurt and herbs such as chives or cilantro for added flavor